Late Friday night I finished the third French braid border. Three down, one to go!
I also undid a portion of the first border because I realized in my anxiety to see what my first-ever pieced border would look like, I made it long enough only for a short side, the top or bottom, instead of a long side, on either side. My intent was to make both the long sides first, then attach the short sides.
Because I messed that up and because I thought putting two long, long side borders against the two short, short top and bottom borders would look amateurish and unplanned, I undid about five inches of the right edge, then undid the final two braid rows (because I'd sliced through them to even it off), and then attached enough rows to make the border extend out to the edge of the side border when done. The tricky part of this segment of my journey is that I had to carry around the entire quilt while doing those eight little five-inch bars!
The entire time I worked, The Lizard was in the basement, presumably working on bikes. He thoroughly believes a clean bike is a happy bike, so he keeps them in tip-top shape year-round!
I went downstairs to tell him I'd finished my third border and found, to my utter surprise, he was NOT working on bikes, but building a snowflake!
More to come on Monday's manflake pattern!